cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 and VRFs

thomaslthorne
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at using a 4402 controller with 1262 AP's.  We use a lot of VRFs in our network and my question is as follows.  If we have multiple SSIDs, each SSID mapping to a different VLAN of course, and each VLAN is in a different VRF, can we still use a RADIUS server that is accessible only through the global table to authenticate clients?  There would be two centrally located controllers and the AP's will be dispersed in different locations.

I'm not sure yet if we will use AD credentials or certificates, so for now I'm just curious if this is possible.  It looks as though it is, but I don't have a controller yet to test with.

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes ideally speaking it should work!! just make sure we have the network connectivity end to end!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surendra

Can you please advise me how we will achive multiple tentand on single WLC?

we have multiple vrf in our PE router which terminate different customers in different VRF. i like to us same WLC for different customers. ALL AP will be onsite, and WLC will be in my core.

i can create multiple SSID and assosciate with AP and then enable local switch to terminate traffic locally. how about authenticaiton from WLC. do i need to create multiple Management VLAN for managing AP.

Please advise.

note: We like to use single WLC for Multiple customers from hosted solution.

SS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: