cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 DS PROBLEM

jsfsantos
Level 1
Level 1

I'm with a problem in my WLC 4402. When I reboot the chassi the Distribution port 1 dont't come work, it's has a status Down.

I had change the WLC and SFP GLC-T, but the problem come to appear.

Anyone know whay this happen??

Thanks..

João Ferreira.

7 Replies 7

arlincurtis
Level 1
Level 1

I had exactely the same problem!!

I found out that it only works when plugged into a Gig port. A normal 100Mb port doesn't work for some reason.

I'm using the DS port in the interface Gigabitethernet but the problem persist.

So i had change the chassi but the problem appear again.

what model switch are you using?

The Switch that i'm used is 4507R and interfaces there is a module Gigabitethernet WS-X4548-GB-RJ45.

So if you plug the same switch port into the service port of the WLC it comes up?

If you log in via the brower and click on Controller then Ports is the Admin status 'enable' for the distribution port?

when i access the controller via webpage acesso by service port that is connected in the the same switch module interface. In the monitor page the port shown (Green) Status: LINK UP. But the cable is disconnected.

I think that is the problem. Because the interface had to be with the status: DISABLE.

You understand. Did you see any think seemed.

thanks.

So you're saying with the cable disconnected from the port, it is showing as Green from the webpage? That doesn't sound good at all, maybe even a bug. What version of software are you running. I've got 4.2.61.0.

My problem that I had is different to what you're experiencing now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: