Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC and ISE Integration Question

Quintin.Mayo
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We are getting ready to implement a Guest Wireless solution, possibly with the integration of ISE and its guest portal. The question is whether or not the Cisco WLC needs a valid trusted certificate? The ISE will need one as this is where the client web browser will land. However it is unclear if the WLC needs one for redirection? After browsing many Cisco documents and reference guides, I have not found an explicit answer.  Can someone advise any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

It does not.  On the previous web guest solution with NAC, the WLC portal also played a role on the process after the NAC portal. On that solution, I was necessary if you didn´t want to handle the certificate error.

With ISE things are quite different and you don't need the valid certificate on the WLC.  The SSID is configured almost the same as if it is using regular radius authentication:

Layer 2 Security - You can let as none. 

MAC Filtering -  check it.

Layer 3 Security -  You can let as none

Captive Network Assistant Bypass - You can let as none

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi

It does not.  On the previous web guest solution with NAC, the WLC portal also played a role on the process after the NAC portal. On that solution, I was necessary if you didn´t want to handle the certificate error.

With ISE things are quite different and you don't need the valid certificate on the WLC.  The SSID is configured almost the same as if it is using regular radius authentication:

Layer 2 Security - You can let as none. 

MAC Filtering -  check it.

Layer 3 Security -  You can let as none

Captive Network Assistant Bypass - You can let as none

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card