cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC and vWLC Certificate for WEBAUTH or Self-Signed?

CiscoSlicster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We're in the process of upgrading our old WLC Controller to a new vWLC Controller and I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer the existing WLC Cert to the vWLC and have both working at the same time?  I need them to both work with the same Certificate temporarily until we switch all the AP's over to the new one.  The reason I can't simply use the self-signed certificate is because many users receive a certificate error unless it's from a RootCA.  Maybe someone has a workaround to this?

Nick

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can use the same certifiacte for webauth on both WLC.  The certificate name is linked to the name under the virtual address, which can be the same on both

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to extract it so I can import it into the vWLC?

unfortunately there is not.  You would need to use the original one you received

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card