Helpful
Replies

WLC Config Backup to a Remote FTP server using Prime

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm able to backup WLC configs to the localdisk using TFTP

I'm able to backup WLC configs to the localdisk using FTP

However, when I try to back WLC configs to an FTP server not local to Prime the backups fail (I don't have the exact/vague error MSG in front of me)

My question is simply this:: Can it be done? I've just never tried.....

19 Replies 19

Do I need to install that also?  Is that why I'm not able to check for updates and have to upload the file manually?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That December patch comes up as October in PI.  You can see I uploaded the 2.0-3 from CCO is December, But the file date is for the ubf is 11/11/2013 and PI reports it as October also?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

By the way... tested it out on a 5508 SNMPv3 running v7.6.100.0 and worked fine.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

No worries Rob, Try it in your lab set up & let us know if it doesn't work, may be some other issue

Rasika

a different lab box i used today (other than my lab VM) worked fine backing up WLC configs to a remote FTP server

as usual:::: "thanks guys for the response!"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card