Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC list config of disconnected AP

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

hi guys

please can anybody advise how to list a configuration of AP which get disconnected from WLC point of view? Usually I am listing configuration of particular AP using the way: "Wireless" -> Access points -> All APs -> use filter/select for specific AP to get the configuration.

but this list shows only APs which are registered to WLC. I would like to see config of AP which is now disconnected, but was configured on this WLC before. how can I do that?

controllers: 5520, 5508,2504,WS-SVC-WISM2-K9

SW version:  8.5.135.0

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

WLC does not show this. WLC only shows live Access Points. 

This requires Cisco Prime.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

WLC does not show this. WLC only shows live Access Points. 

This requires Cisco Prime.

Hi Flavio

thanks for response, right, I can see them in PI. but anyway it is strange that I cant see config details for AP which definitely has its own record created in WLC directly from WLC.

Capwap tunnel is what allows the WLC to pull information from Access Point, if the tunnel is down, there´s no way to get this information. As the WLC does not stores does config fot futher consult, you lost those information as soon as the tunnel goes down.

That´s why Cisco Prime is so important, in my opinion. 

if the AP configuration is not stored locally, then your explanation completely makes sense. I thought it is stored locally (fixed IP, AP group, flexconnect group, ...). thank you Flavio for your time spent on this topic :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: