Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC One Time Password for guests

CSCO12319922
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering what would be the best and easiest to implement solution for wireless access for guests? I am thinking OTP something, like a password which would expire after few hours once authenticated. I was trying to find something online but couldn't. Any ideas?

Cheers

VK

4 Replies 4

Paolo Flores
Level 1
Level 1

You can set an expiry time on guest user accounts from time of creation, don't think you can set expiry timer to start once authenticated though. I'm interested in the solution for this, something like Starbucks does when you order a coffee and get an OTP on your receipt that expires after an hour right?

Hi,

What do you mean i can set expiry time on guest user accounts? Yes i am looking for some similar solution like starbucks wifi..

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

For OTP you may need External Radius , However I would suggest you to assign values to the lifetime of the guest accounts, refer below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4-1/GAccess_41.html

l.capriotti
Level 1
Level 1

I have a rough implementation using FreeRADIUS uploaded on github, feel free to try!

I wish WLC realms implementation was complete as I can't manage to make it work in a real environment where multiple AAA servers are involved - see my other post.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card