cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Syslogging

Eric Lindsey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a syslog question. We do not send any logs from our controllers to any other system. What is the best software to capture logging from the controllers. We have ciscoworks but we do not have our controllers added to ciscoworks. I am a little but hesitant to try to add them to ciscoworks if that is possible.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Personally syslog info is ok but it's the traps I see the most value ..

Syslog .. Splunk is the best IMHO

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Personally syslog info is ok but it's the traps I see the most value ..

Syslog .. Splunk is the best IMHO

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Eric Lindsey
Level 1
Level 1

I use the traps on the wlc. I have not researched it much but what software would you recommend for logging the traps? Splunk?

I agree with George, Splunk is great for indexing any information sent to it - syslog, snmp, ect. I highly recommend it as we use it to view all of our WLC traps and all syslog info for the network.

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm asking Cisco to capture the logs to WLC's internal flash/memory to store 50-100MB worth logs for review to capture catasrophic moment, it ain't making one

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card