cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc2504

dmartinezrubio
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have doubts about my configuration on my Wlc2504.

I have only 2 interfaces:

1- interface management: vlan identifier untagged (0) 192.168.100.10

2- interface clients: vlan identifier 2 192.168.200.10

and 2 ssid:

management : associated to interface management (untagged - 0)

clients: associated to interface clients (vlan 2)

All the clients of SSID's client works fine but randomly I received a lot of reports that people connected to "management" SSID connect but they can't navigate. When it's happend, you are connected well but if you does a speed test all is 0 Mbps.I checked the DNS and dhcp and it's fine, it's something that happen randomly.

I though that maybe default vlan could be the reason of those issues and for that reason I decided to test adding a new vlan (vlan3) in my switch and I configured the port like this:

interface gigabitethernet1/1/48
description "WLC01 Gi1"
spanning-tree portfast
switchport trunk allowed vlan add 2
switchport trunk native vlan 3
!

In the wlc2504 the config is:

vlan identifier: 0

But it happens the same...any idea?

Best regards

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a sanity check of your controller configuration with this app :

https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

what is that I have to upload?

wifi controller configuration?

Nothing happens uploading the file

Yes

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Finally I could analyze it. I think that is the next:

Security: WLAN may be using management vlan. It is recommended to never set SSID into management vlan, even for anchor scenarios. 

I think that I have another interface, associated it vlan3 and delete all configuration of management's interface.

Is it correct?

I can indeed only recommend to follow the resulting advisories. M.

I have a setup at home which an ssid does map to my management interface but tagged with no issues. I don’t think the issue is with mapping an ssid to management, tagged or untagged, but that is something you can easily fix. The only time I hear of issue like what you are saying is when the AP’s are in FlexConnect mode and the ssid to vlan mappings are wrong and users roam to that specific ap.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card