Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE 2.12 not detecting rogues

mgriffit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since upgrading to version 2.12 on the WLSE I noticed that it has stopped detecting rogue AP's. Before the upgrade (2.11) it was working fine, but since nothing. I've tested by introducing new AP's which previously would have been detected. I'm sure I seen this on a previous upgrade and the only thing I could do was to completely clear the database and start from scratch.

Is there a known problem during upgrade procedures regarding Radio Management data etc....

regards

Martyn

8 Replies 8

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is the Radio Monitoring turned on for the APs and WLSE is authenticated with WDS correctly?.Did you try re-booting the box?

Hi.

Yes the Radio Monitoring is switch on. Checked and doubles checked. Rebooted lots of times. Yesterday I tried switching RM off completely; resarted the WLSE; switched RM back on (both serving and non-serving channels); restarted WLSE. Still nothing.

Is there anyway of reset the RM data only. I'm not looking forward to having to clear the database and start again.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

regards

Martyn

I had the same problem and resolved it by unmanaging/deleting my WDS devices in the WLSE and then re-discovering them.

I had the same problem and fixed it by unmanaging, then deleting the WDS from within the WSLE, then letting it re-discover the WDS,

Hi,

I am also running version 2.12 on the WLSM, and have been unable to detect rogue devices all of a sudden.

When running RM Capabilty in the Location manager everything passes except the last check and gives the following error:

Check that WLSE WLCCP credentials(username/password) match that entered in the RADIUS server

Check that infrastructure authentication is setup correctly at the WDS

These have all been checked and found to be correct.

On the WLSM when running:

sho wlccp wds

The following is received which looks correct.

MAC: 00e0.14c1.2f12, IP-ADDR: XXXXX, Priority: 0

Interface Ethernet0/0, State: Administratively StandAlone - ACTIVE

AP Count: 197 , MN Count: 221

LCP link status: up

HSRP state: Not Applicable

I have reloaded the wlsm and wlse devices as well as

deleting the WLSM from the devices manager and discovering it again. None of this has helped.

Any ideas

Regards

Miron

What do the output of sh wlccp wnm status show on the WLSM module?

Hi,

The status shows authenticated. I read a post by yourself a few minutes ago that said it was caused by an ACS bug.

Will have to wait for Cisco to Patch the ACS or install an older ACS server.

Thanks

Miron

Hi Miron,

Yes, I too have now come to the conclusion that bug CSCsb47726 is the cause of my WDS/WLSE woes.

Many thanks

Martyn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card