cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE - Incorrect data in reports

jbeebe
Level 1
Level 1

I have been running WLSE 1130 Release 2.11FCS since June, and have run into a number of problems with reports that have little, no or incorrect data. The most current (and one of the most frustrating) is this: I click on "Reports, Current, Group Client Association Report," select any group at any level, and shortly get the group report. But the "Number of Clients Connected" column is always empty for every AP. Now, I know that isn't true, because I have about 50 7920s and a number of laptops running around the site. If I zoom in on an AP and select "Summary Report" I see the same thing - "Number of Clients Connected" = 0. HOWEVER, if I zoom in on an AP and select "Associations Report" I receive a correct list of the clients on the AP at the time.

I also have a number of problems with the "Trend" reports, that consistently show "0" utilization and "0" errors across groups, but show relatively accurate RF utilization when I zoom in on a particular device - but still "0" errors.

Any ideas or someplace to start?

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

The Current reports are not real time. The frequency with which configuration data is collected from the devices is 12 hours by default. To change the default setting, select Devices->Discover->Inventory->Polling. For realtime info, you can use the Reports->Realtime option. But in that option the min polling frequency that can be selected is one minute.

I understand that, and I use the "Current" vs. "Realtime" reports with that understanding. But shouldn't the "Number of Clients Connected" column have data in it, even if it is a historical count? It always indicates "0," regardless of the AP or time.

What is the IOS version of your AP's?

We have the same issue with our 1200 AP's on 12.3-4JA

On another location, we have 1200 AP's with 12.2.15XR2, and from those the client connection reporting is more or less the same in the association reporting. Sure not zero as on the other location.

I know 2 different polling services are involved:

Performance attributes polling for the Group Client association and Client inventory polling for the AP association data,

So the data does not have to be 100% the same (but sure not zero)

I just upgraded to 12.3(7)JA in an attempt to correct this and other issues, but I have the same result. I have seen this with 12.3(4)JA as well, but haven't tried earlier versions. WLSE seems to have problem with other statistics as well, including error rates, which also consistently show up as "0" when the AP web page shows many. Kind of makes WLSE worthless, to be honest, at least for my applications.

I also have not yet a solution and I have opened a case at Cisco.

For me it is clear, I do not know if your situation is similar, I see (non Cisco) wireless adapters as clients, but not my IP Phones.

About the 12.3.7 JA, this one is not supported in WLSE 2.11

On one site, I have AP’s with 12.2 software running, and here I see clients in my reports, but the clients are wireless adapters, not IP Phones.

I also know they will be a updated version very soon of WLSE. For me WLSE today is good to have for day to day service, but not yet for the reporting.

I have been working with TAC as well, and the latest news is that they have reproduced the issues and have developers working on it. They have indicated that it is an issue with the IOS on the AP, not WLSE. I am also running 12.3.4 JA, with the same issue.

To be honest I am very dissapointed with WLSE overall. There are a lot better tools available for a lot less, and when you take into account the number of bugs in WLSE it is barely worth my time to try to keep it working.

Hello

I am just setup the wlse express (2.11) and I confirm that the problem with the Group Client Association Report still exist. Table shows 0.

We have about 10 7920 -telophone associated.

Oliver

They just released 12.7.JA2 with a fix for this issue.

The bug was :

CSCsc04430—Dot11 active wireless clients now show associated wireless IP phones.

Anyone tested it yet?

Ludo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card