cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA2

anton.royce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,I am currently running WPA standard wireless network and is working fine. I wanted to migrate to WPA2 and updated the Aironet 1200 AP to 12.3(2)JA2 and configured the Cipher as AES CCM.

I have bought a Netgear WAG511 client card which supports WPA2(Wi-FI certified as WPA2) and try to associate with AP and is not associating with the AP.

Have any one tested WPA2 standard WLAN and could you please let me know that what client card did you use?

Any help regarding the WPA2 will be appriciated.

Thanks,

Anton

14 Replies 14

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

If you have a old .11a radio it won't be able to support AES. We need to have a .11g radio or a new .11a radio.

smithmicro
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen a similar problem with that card. I have been able to get an Intel 2200 802.11g (Centrino) card working with the latest drives.

Anybody test any other cards? Is there a supported list?

owalter
Level 1
Level 1

The only clint we have on AES (WPA2) with Cisco

AP SW 12.3(2)JA2 is :

Intel 2200BG

INTEL ProSet for Wireless 9.0.1.0

9.0.1.59 Device Management

9.0.1.9 Device Driver

The only problem we have with this client is that

EAP-FAST with local Authentication is not

working

owalter
Level 1
Level 1

The only clint we have on AES (WPA2) with Cisco

AP SW 12.3(2)JA2 is :

Intel 2200BG

INTEL ProSet for Wireless 9.0.1.0

9.0.1.59 Device Management

9.0.1.9 Device Driver

The only problem we have with this client is that

EAP-FAST with local Authentication is not

working

what type of wpa-2 auth are you using is it wpa2-eap or wpa2-psk .

Hi,

I used WPA2 with PEAP[EAP-GTS] and used with Intel 2200BG and Intel Wireless software and it worked fine. We used WPA2 enterprise not the PSK.

Ok ,

The best way to check if the driver your are using is WPA-2 compatible is by making the client connect to a WPA-PSK which is pretty simple to test.If it is able to do so ,then you can be sure the driver is right one .I am not sure abt the EAP-GTS .Does it support dymanic keys or static keys ?

What client adapters work with cisco implentation of AES, either PSK mode or EAP?

So far only the Intel 2200BG seems to work and this doesn't even work with the built-in XP client.

When is Cisco going to release the AES compatable client software for Aironet 802.11a/b/g?

I was told by a TAC engineer that they were targeting early May as a release date.

I have been trying to get AES to work with a Linksys WPC54GS. No luck yet, despite their WPA2 certification.

The Client Wizard Version 2 appears to be out (~ May 2). The Release Notes indicate it's good for WPA2.

Also note that there's a patch out on Microsoft's site for WPA2 (XP-SP2 / Win2K):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=662bb74d-e7c1-48d6-95ee-1459234f4483&displaylang=en

Good Luck

Scott

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help sofar. Cisco has released their WPA2 client software, tested in our lab and all working fine.

Thanks again,

Anton

Hi,

if I use WPA-PSK all work fine. If I try EAP-TLS, WPA2 does not work. Where can be the mistake?

Thanks Pepa

Likely it is that the RADIUS server is misconfigured. The shared secret could be wrong or the service could not be running. I had similar problems.

Best way to determine it is to do a sniffer capture and see if there is an error. Look for traffic between the AP IP and the RADIUS IP.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card