cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add wireless to my RV042?

bmb519881
Level 1
Level 1

I just received my Cisco VPN Router model RV042. Im just trying to figure out how to set up my wireless equiptment with it, and my main question at this time is:

1) How can I get my wireless equipment to connect to the RV042?

-Current equipment is Air-lap1510ag-a-k9 v02 for the wireless (http://www.cisco.com/web/ANZ/cpp/refguide/hview/wireless/1500AG.html)

-Cisco 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controller

-Cisco Catalyst 2940 series

-RV042

...Was hoping to replace the ten dollar belkin router with the RV042 and now that i have the RV in my hands im having issues getting everything together. Im not sure if im missing something in the settings but signal is great but have no internet behind the Wifi Signal.Was hoping id be able to just plug and play and swap the belkin with the RV042 but apparently not.. The equipment listed is what was formerly providing the wifi for our small business until the belkin router went out.(Everything was left as is and simply unplugged the belkin and plugged in the new Cisco Router, but no luck.) Any experts out there that can help out here?

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

Belkin normally has IP address of 192.168.0.1 Cisco uses 192.168.1.1. If you did not changes any of the local IPs on your existing equipment, that could be the disconnect.

If this does not improve your issue, please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hello, 

I would also like to ask if you are using different VLANs as the RV042 doesn't really support them.

Please let us know.