cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cbw150ax - MacBook Pro (Apple M1 Pro) unable to connect.

Eugen Zubenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Recently I bought the AP cbw150ax (my first experience with Cisco), but whatever I do I did not manage to connect my MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, latest MacOs Ventura 13.0.1) to its WiFi.

So, right after the unboxing (default preinstalled firmware was 10.0.2.0), M1 Pro even refused to connect to CiscoBusiness-Setup (initial temp wifi). Then I tried to connect to my old MacBook Pro 2015 (MacOs Monterey 12.6.1) - it connected and I set it up, updated firmware to 10.2.2.0, made factory reset, reboot, but still - M1 Pro unable to connect to initial CiscoBusiness-Setup as well to regular WiFi I set up by old MacBook (quite basic setup, one encrypted wlan, 2,4/5Ghz, WPA3)

As it showed later, the problem is when the WiFi has any encryption (WPA2, WPA3, or WPA2/WPA3). In case I use "open" connection - M1 Pro connects nicely. So, it seems to encryption problem.

What is also interesting, the other devices - iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 13, iPad 10 Pro, XBOX Series X (all with latest updates) - they are connecting to encrypted wifi pretty well. My M1 Pro also connects to my UniFi U6-Lite without any issues, as well as to many other networks, so it cannot be somehow "broken". 

The only problem is between this two - cbw150ax and M1 Pro. Separately they work pretty well.

I don't know if the problem is in AP or Macbook. I'd rather think in a AP firmware, also I'd reset or even reinstall OS on Macbook, but this would be last chance to make it work together (don't like it). Btw, did a lot advices from internet like reboot in safe mode, recreate Wi-Fi interface, clearing some SystemConfig files etc.

I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

UPDATE.

Just installed new firmware 10.3.2.0. Did not help with M1 Pro connection, but even got worse in one thing: now it is not possible to use autogenerated passwords by Safari (for example: sikcy6-Fumtox-numxah) on iOS devices, probably because of length, because when I used simple cisco12345 - it passed. On Macs it worked for both pwds.

When I tried to connect M1 Pro I managed to catch some error messages produced by client. The device appears for few seconds in access point (Monitoring -> clients) and had time to start record the event log. It is attached to this post.

I notice something like WLAN REQUIRES 802 1X AUTH - maybe this is the root problem, as I'm using just a simple WPA3 Personal.

The log in Advanced -> Logging (Debugging (7)) also contains some errors. Is attached.

2 Replies 2

Hi,

If you are trying to connect using portal captive and it requires browser interaction, try to install google chrome and try to authenticate with it.

homecomputers
Level 1
Level 1

The issue appears that the new firmware requires you to agree to the terms of internet use, it does not come on on newer Apple devices. Android and Windows tablets all popup this screen and you check the little I agree box and your in. Please if you find the fix let me know before this gets returned. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: