cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help adding a WAP 321 to a working single point cluster

saul.attie1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm having some trouble adding a WAP 321 to a single point cluster of 2 other WAP 321.

It works only when the WAP is connected via ethernet, if I unplug the ethernet cable (connected to a cisco switch) the WAP disappears from the cluster.

The 2 working WAPs are connect with POE the 3rd one should be wireless with an external power supply.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not supported. The cluster information only travels via ethernet, if you have the WAP wirelessly connected to the network then it won;t be part of the cluster, this is by design.

Now, please remember that the only function of the cluster is to replicate the settings across all the devices. It won't affect the wireless performance at all.

I hope this helps.

ok Tks

now how do I add it to my network if the WAP is not connected through POE?

Is it WDS? and do I have to eliminate the cluster on the other 2 WAPs?

tks for your help

Hello, 

I'm very sorry for the delay but I was doing some research.

Yes, you will have to use the WDS bridge feature to connect the remote AP to one of the other two that are hardwired. Unfortunately, since you cannot have the Single Point Setup feature and the WDS bridge enabled at the same time, you will have to disable it on the entire network so that you can link the remote AP to one of the hardwired ones using the WDS bridge feature.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.