Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interoperability of WAP200E and WAP54GP

I had 2 Linksys access points WAP54GPE connected in bridge mode. They worked properly for two years. One of the  access points broke down and I replaced it with Cisco SB WAP200E (since WAP54GPE is EOL). So, now I'm trying to connect one WAP54GPE and one WAP200E in bridge mode.I configured WAP200E exactly the same as WAP54GPE was configured, and it can  not even find the other acces point.

I attched the configuration files of both the access points.

Both of them have the newest version of firmware.

Please inform me if there is something i should change in the configuration that will solve my issue?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

jarharpe
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco does not recommend mixing product lines, but does not state they want work together. I have listed steps on how the setup should be.

Step 1:
Connect a computer to the access point.

Step 2:
Assign a static IP address on the computer.

Step 3:
Open the access pointā€™s web-based setup page.

Step 4:
When the access pointā€™s web-based setup page opens, take note of the Wireless MAC Address.

Step 5:
After obtaining the wireless MAC address of the access point, configure the other WAP as a wireless bridge.

Setting-Up Wireless Bridge Mode

Step 1:
Connect a computer to the access point you want to configure as a wireless bridge.

Step 2:
Assign a static IP address on the computer

Step 3:
Open the access pointā€™s web-based setup page

Step 4:
When the access pointā€™s web-based setup page opens, click AP Mode.

Step 5:
Select Wireless Bridge and type the remote access pointā€™s MAC address that you took note of earlier.

NOTE: Remove the colons (:) when typing the MAC address on the Remote Access Pointā€™s LAN MAC Address field.

Step 6:

Click SAVE SETTINGS .

Hope this help

Have you tried using an consumer brand bridge

copicket
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately, there is nothing wrong with your configuration. Your initial configuration of like devices -two WAP54GPs would have and should have afforded network connectivity in bridge mode, The issue you are encountering directly stems from an interoperability standpoint. There are a few articles and answer ID's within the Linksys knowledge base specifically stating the WAP54G will only communicate with another WAP54G when set to Access Point Client, or when set to Wireless Bridge. This also includes the WAP54GP models as well. The answer ID documenting this subject is (4185), and (16627) in the Linksys KB.