Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Low Wireless Speed on WAP150

There are 5 Access Points WAP150 connected to PoE switch Cisco SG 350-10P and SG-110-24, there is ISP Internet Router giving speed around 70mbps over fiber, the case that the speed on data ports giving around 70mbps speed but on wireless access points 2,4Ghz some times gives 35mpbs and other times gives 20mbps, 10mbps or less....is this normal?

what are the things affects on wireless data speed? the speed on local port almost all the times around 70mbps!

Note that one time we disconnected everything on the network and keep only one Access point WAP150 to check, but it gave low-speed results around 10mbps comparing to data ports around 65-70mbps.

Please, your suggestions and comments!

2 Replies 2

RiyazQ8
Level 1
Level 1

I would suggest you check the following

1) Spectrum interference- As you have mentioned that you kept only 1 Access point and still you didn't succeed in getting the required speed.The interference could be from any other radio emitting source like 2.4Ghz cordless Handset Try changing the locations. Mark the places and record the speed. At the same time, try different frequency (20,40) and standards (a/b/g/n).

2) Based on your investigation, you can change to 5.0Mhz as it can give you more speed.

3) Based on my experience, It can be a issue with a large network on the Flat( VLan 1) Network. Try creating a separate Vlan and test it. This way you can assign Vlan Qos to further avail response time.

4) Finally, The Wifi Adapter in the Laptops. Are they efficient to cope with your WAP150 throughput. I would suggest a test with 2 different Vendors of the Wifi Adapters, keeping other settings as constant.

These are just my suggestions based on real issue faced. Their could be many other things.

RiyazQ8
Level 1
Level 1
I would suggest you check the following

1) Spectrum interference- As you have mentioned that you kept only 1 Access point and still you didn't succeed in getting the required speed.The interference could be from any other radio emitting source like 2.4Ghz cordless Handset Try changing the locations. Mark the places and record the speed. At the same time, try different frequency (20,40) and standards (a/b/g/n).

2) Based on your investigation, you can change to 5.0Mhz as it can give you more speed.

3) Based on my experience, It can be a issue with a large network on the Flat( VLan 1) Network. Try creating a separate Vlan and test it. This way you can assign Vlan Qos to further avail response time.

4) Finally, The Wifi Adapter in the Laptops. Are they efficient to cope with your WAP150 throughput. I would suggest a test with 2 different Vendors of the Wifi Adapters, keeping other settings as constant.

These are just my suggestions based on real issue faced. Their could be many other things.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: