Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with WRVS4400N V1.1.03

noziwatele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Just experiencing a problem with the WRVS4400N, which I see several others have also encountered, as posted on the Linksys support site.

Wireless LAN users become unable to connect to anything through the router, i.e. no conectivity to either LAN ports or the WAN port. The wireless LAN itself appears to be up, and I have good signal, but cannot ping or make other connections to devices on other ports.

Is there any solution to this?

Many thanks in advance!

Mike.

19 Replies 19

Hi all,

after 2 days and 6h my squeezebox lost the connection again :(

same procedure:

- internal communication works fine

- external communication works not

I just saved the IPS settings (without changes!) and instantly the connection was there again.

Sadly I can't troubleshoot from the squeezebox and there are no logfiles from this device

(http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html)

I think the supportteam can't really do troubleshooting without more information from the device :(

Cheers,

MadX

Hi all,

well I am back on firmware 1.1.8 and everything is working fine again with my wlan clients.

kind regards,

MadX

noziwatele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Any news on this problem? I'm still on 1.1.13 and the wireless problem still occurs. I'm now the only wireless user in the office, everyone else has gone back to cables.. But I experience this problem frequently. Disconnecting the wireless LAN (from the client) and reconnecting usually resolves the problem temporarily.

Using the same client at home, with a Linksys WRT54GL I have never experienced this issue.

Cheers,

Mike.

>But I experience this problem frequently. Disconnecting the wireless LAN (from the client) and reconnecting usually resolves the problem temporarily.

What client card are you using? Do you have the latest driver for the client card?

I'm using a recent model Macbook Pro with all drivers up-to-date. This problem has never occurred anywhere else. Using a Linksys WRT54G at home with no problem whatsoever.

Cheers,

Mike.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: