cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing WAP371 with WAP571

billy.mitchell
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to replace a Cisco WAP371 with a WAP571 for my office.

I have connected the 571 to the same LAN cable from the switch that is used for the 371,

and I have configured it the same as the 371. When I complete the configuration wizard

and submit it to the AP, I can no longer connect to the AP. The SSID I configured is being

broadcast in the office, but the AP is not connecting to the internet, and I can't ping the AP's IP

from my PC even though I'm in the same subnet. From the SG300 switch, I can't see any obvious

port security configuration. If I connect my PC to the same port, my PC gets no IP and no access.

If I reconnect the old 371, it works fine. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? 

2 Replies 2

portisheadradio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Billy

You haven't mentioned vlans. An incorrect vlan configuration would cause these symptoms. What vlan(s) is the 371 configured to use?

The old 371 is configured to use VLAN 11. I have also configured the new 571 to VLAN 11.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: