Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP131and WAP351 in WGB mode - security functionality

ydovgan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all!

Customer is planning to deploy WAP131 (or WAP351) access point in Work Group Bridge (WGB) mode for connecting wired endpoints (phones, printers) to wireless infrastructure built on Cisco enterprise products.

So WAP131 is connecting wirelessly to Cisco AP.

The questions are:

1. Does WAP131 (WAP351) support 802.1x supplicant and EAP-TLS to be authenticated when connecting to Wireless entrerprise infrastructure?

2. Does WAP131 (WAP351) support 802.1x authentication on its wired ports (for authenticating wired devices connected to it)?

Thank you!
Yuriy

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Yuriy

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center. 
The WAP351 is the only one of the two that has the switch ports, so I will only reference that it my response.

Here is the emulator for the WAP351 if you would like to look at that.
https://www.cisco.com/assets/sol/sb/WAP351_Emulators/WAP351_Emulator_v1-0-0-39/main.htm

Basically yes, the WAP351 can support 802.1x supplicant to a remote Radius Server and should support EAP-TLS since it does in fact support support 802.1x supplicant and EAP-TLS on the
wired ports.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.