Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 MAC Filtering Not Working

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have 6 x WAP321's setup via "Single Point Setup". We have enabled MAC Filtering and set to "Block all stations in list".

We have added one device into this list and confirmed this replicates around all the APs. However, it doesn't prevent the device from joining the wireless.

We have tried rebooting the APs and upgrading their firmware (1.0.5.3 ).

No difference.

Anyone else seen this or have any ideas?

Regards

Charlie 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

I have personally used this feature several times. Can you tell me if after setting the MAC Filtering , if you went back to the Networks Tab and enabled MAC Filtering for the SSID(s) that you are wanting to prevent the MAC for associating to?

If you would contact me directly (you can find my email by holding the mouse over my picture), I would like to talk to you about your issue.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

I have personally used this feature several times. Can you tell me if after setting the MAC Filtering , if you went back to the Networks Tab and enabled MAC Filtering for the SSID(s) that you are wanting to prevent the MAC for associating to?

If you would contact me directly (you can find my email by holding the mouse over my picture), I would like to talk to you about your issue.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Many thanks, thats the one.