Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP351 create SSID with no lan access

sborel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My company have a WAP 351 wireless adaptor.

I have made an access for people who works in company, to have also web access and LAN access. This wasn't really difficult to do because it was done with the getting started procedure.

Now, i would like to create another SSID, but allow to this one one only web access and no LAN. How to proceed to such a SSID ?

I have tried a lot of configurations but nothing works well. When i have web access, i also have LAN Access, and when there is no LAN, there is no Web also.

Is someone can help me please ?

Thanks.

Stephane.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, my router can have a Vlan.

So, if the Vlan number is for example 25 on Wap351 for my SSID, i must create a Vlan with same number on my router to establish a communication between Cisco and my router. And i must allow web traffic to this Vlan, but no lan discover. I'm right ?

You told me also about subnet. My Lan IP is 192.168.0.0/24, a subnet will be for example 192.168.5.0/24.

I have tried to add subnet on cisco Wap 351, but don't find where do do this.

I think adding Vlan in my router will be better.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Helmut Heise
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Stephane

i think that the best way to accomplish this is attaching the SSID to a Vlan and then in the router you can configure an access list.

what kind of configurations have you tried?, might we need just to setup something missing there, regards.

Hello Helmut,

Thanks for you help.

I have tried to create a Vlan for the SSID, but it was not responding when trying toconnect to it. It's probably because i haven't configure specific Vlan in my router.

I don't really understand how VLan of Wap 351 will communicate with router Vlan. I think it's by the tagged Lan1 setting,

I don't understand what the tag will sent to router.

My router is an OverTheBox used to aggregate multiple web connection.

If i add a Vlan on my router, will this Vlan interact with my Active Directory server ? My router provide IPs for computers in company, and also DHCP.

I'm not an expert in network and some things are missing to me.

Regards

Stephane.

Stephane

you should create the vlan and the svi in the router, i am not sure if these routers are capable but should or instead (easy way) you can create a different subnet for that SSID and see if that router allows mac filtering, ip filtering or ACL's, most of the routers has this capabilities.

Yes, my router can have a Vlan.

So, if the Vlan number is for example 25 on Wap351 for my SSID, i must create a Vlan with same number on my router to establish a communication between Cisco and my router. And i must allow web traffic to this Vlan, but no lan discover. I'm right ?

You told me also about subnet. My Lan IP is 192.168.0.0/24, a subnet will be for example 192.168.5.0/24.

I have tried to add subnet on cisco Wap 351, but don't find where do do this.

I think adding Vlan in my router will be better.

you are in the right path check your router documentation / examples, create a vlan and a interface to handle that vlan, then in the access point the ssid and the same vlan.

share your progress with us, regards.

Thanks Helmut for your great help.

I will share progress with you of course. I will try this tomorrow early in the morning when nobody will be at office because documentation of router said i must reboot after configuration for load balancing of web access.

I have just one more question regarding Vlan. Some computer in the company are in floating IP and floatin DNS. When DHCP will give IP adress, will it give the LAN ones or will the Vlan can interact with LAN and give some VLAN IP with Vlan Dhcp ? I need to be sure on this point because my AD is on LAN and nomads computers need to connect to AD when they are at office.

Regards

Stephane.

it depends on your router, you should be able to do some inter vlan routing, let's see our first step first.

Hello Helmut,

Just to inform you.

I have made a Vlan 25 on my router.

I have added Vlan 25 for rj45 port on my switch. A tagged one.

Connexion is not responding.

I have ask some help to support of the router provider.

Regards

Stephane.

Stephane

let's check the router vendor information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: