cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 replacement

JoeBananas10
Level 1
Level 1

What are people replacing the WAP371 with? I have one in my house connected to a RV325. The WAP is failing but the RV325 is working fine. I'd like to replace the WAP with something new that will work well with my router but isn't Meraki. I'm looking for suggestions. TIA.

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

its WAP571.

Check the EoS document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/small-business-wireless-access-points/eos-eol-notice-c51-742550.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks for the response. I should have stated I've read the EoS document and saw the WAP571 reference. I was really trying to find out what the community was doing for a replacement. Honestly, I was never really happy with the performance of the 371 and I'm not sure if I want to continue with the product line. I'm interested in what successes others are having with alternatives. If the consensus is that the 571 is a solid product that others are happy with, then the decision's easy, but I'm also interested in other ideas. Thanks again.

I have 3 WAP371 APs.  They run fine and are getting redeployed.  They have sub-second response across my network at home.  I recently developed a small Wi-Fi issue where a couple of words are being lost when first roaming and talking to another user on the same WAP371 AP. 

I ordered a couple of Cisco WAP581 APs to replace them.  The WAP581 APs have higher gain antennas and higher density wireless so they seem like a better replacement.  I am going to try to get by with 2 instead of 3 APs.  Time will tell.  I should receive the WAP581 APs on Thursday.