Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 Slooooow

Hello,

I just got an WAP371 yesterday. I am using the SB-PWR-INJ2 to power it over PoE. I updated the firmware to the latest version 1.0.1.5. I am experiencing terribly slow performance with the device. It is supposed to be replacing a N450 access point. With the N450 AP I have no troubles getting about 20MBps (160mbps) over wireless when in line-of-sight of the AP. With this new AP, even though the signal is strong, the RSSI is good and the transmit rate is good, I am experiancing horribly slow connectivity rates. On AC wireless connected to a MacBook Air I have not passed 25mbps (3.1MBps) even thought the Air is connecting to the AP just fine with acceptable levels. What gives here? I was expecting at least  50% increase in performance with AC clients, not a 80% decrease! 

Any ideas what to do?

Screen shot is attached. 

70 Replies 70

Yes that is the one I was looking at based on your Cisco UserID and falls in line with the dates we discussed above.

Eric

Thank you
Have opened a new case

Please let me have your case number, I can check up on it or you can ask your assigned engineer to contact me. I can proceed from there to get this taken care of for you.

Eric Moyers

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Technical Support | Wireless & Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Please get me the beta firmware. Support is not responding to me. I've already accepted the beta test agreement but no one has got back to me. My case number is SR 632773451.

I have pulled your case and see the Engineer that it is assigned to. The firmware can only come from that group. I will ping that engineer and his manager. If you do not get a response in 24 hours, I will have my manager get involved. Let me know what happens.

Eric Moyers

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Technical Support | Wireless & Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

It's been over 24 hours and no one has contacted me about the beta firmware.

I have received a beta firmware but it does not solve the slow tagged VLAN problem at all. My tagged VLAN SSID are now even slower (only 200 kb/s throughput) compared to untagged which runs at normal speed! The official firmware 1.0.1.5 gave me 1.5 Mb/s throughput on tagged VLANs.

Thanks for the reply. Below is the case number. For the escalation process, I will send the WAP Configuration File to my Support Contat too.

SR 632972479 : CH WAP371 Slow connection after creation of vlans

Thanks and regards

Under Cisco Defect number CSCUQ93941 I see that an updated firmware has resolved the issue on 12/18/2014 but it is not publicly available yet. Can anyone determine when this fix will be available to the public?

Also, we purchased these retail through CDW, so we have no service contract nor Cisco account. From everything I see I cannot open a support case without one. Can this be true? 

Tim Gill

Hello Tim, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

I wish that I knew. Working with the Support Center and not the development team, I can only rely on what information is given me. So far the only answer I have gotten has been once regression testing has been completed.

You can either monitor the support forums for an update or signup here to be notified when a new firmware is released.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/support/notifications.html

Getting a Cisco acct is easy and the best thing to do. 

Go to http://www.cisco.com and click "Log In" in the upper right hand corner, then click "Register Now".

You will have to do this in order to get the notifications.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Technical Support | Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

You have to contact support through chat in order to create a case number for retail products without a support contract. They can give you a beta firmware which fixes the issue.

Deleted. Didn't want to hijack this thread.

Under Cisco Defect number CSCUQ93941 I see that an updated firmware has resolved the issue on 12/18/2014 but it is not publicly available yet. Can anyone determine when this fix will be available to the public?

Tim Gill

I have problem too when ssid using tagged vlan, anyone can send me the new firmware for fix it?

ofwegenvzb
Level 1
Level 1

As per today, a new version is released: 1.1.2.3 

No release notes yet.