Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N - Problems

chicosoft
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My company has 4 of these APs, we have instaled, and they seemed to work fine, but now they are not working fine.

When it has some users accessing, the users that try to authenticate have problems, and the wireless associations seems inconsistent.

The company is int 3 floors(5,6,9), two of the APs are in the mains floor(6), the other two are in the others.

So i have put the same SSID, but all in diferent and separated channels with the same WPA2Key.

I have noticed that the users from the 5th floor sometimes associate to the APs of the 6 and sometimes the users of the 9th floor associate with the 6th

There are about 50/60 users in the 6, and 30 in the 5, about 20 int the 9

I have no more ideas to solve the problem, can someone help me? Or these APs dont handle so much users?

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Francisco,

I take it that on 3floor each AP has a channel of 5, 6, and 9 these are overlapping channels and will cause interference with each other. Dealing with 2.4 GHz 802.1 G/N we only have 3 non overlapping channels that do not interfere with one another.

That 1,6,11. Looks like you're having interference and bleed over in your wireless network. It’s best to map out your network wireless for least interference. A good tool is inSSIDer and this should allow you to see the overlapping channels and help you correct and improve your wireless network.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Hello jasbryan

I think that i was not Clear(my english is not perfect )
I said that we have 3 Floors, the 5th floor, the 6th floor and the 9th floor.
In the 6th floor the first AP is in channel 1 and the second AP is in Channel 13.
The AP of the 5th floor is in channel 4.
The ap of the 9th floor, is in channel 8.
I think that they are not overlapping channels, the problem that we are having is that the users are allways diassociating from the APs... it is very frustrating.