Has anyone else run into the scenario:
1. End user has modified ringtone to something other than default on CUCM 792x wifi phone
2. Call is presented to wifi phone but is only audible on first ring
3. Call is still being presented to phone but no audible ring tone is being presented
4. User must be looking at phone to see flashing LEDs to know that call is still being presenteg
I see the open bug in 1.41 SR1 - CSCtj21700 Phone may not play out the ring tone or audio when call shows connected - wondering if anyone else is hitting this.
Also - is there any easy way to prevent the users from being able to modify their ringtone settings on their wifi phones?
Go to Solution.
More than likely you are encnountering CSCto03375 and not CSCtj21700.
CSCto03375 7925 Ring Delay issues with certain ringtones
CSCtj21700 requires a powercycle as there is no audio at all, so doesn't sound like a match.
Both CSCto03375 and CSCtj21700 were listed as open caveats in the 1.4(1)SR1 release notes.
Both issues will be resolved in the 1.4(2) release due out at the end of the year.
For now, you can open a TAC SR to request 220.127.116.11.1.7 ES image for either 7921 or 7925, depending on which model you are using, which has both of these issues resolved.
However, 18.104.22.168.1.7 does not contain seamless interband roaming support (roaming between 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz)
Select one of the following workarounds for now until 1.4(2) is released.
1) If you don't need seamless interband roaming support, then use 22.214.171.124.1.7 for now.
2) If you need interband roaming support, then use Chirp 1 as the ring tone for now.
View solution in original post
Thanks Mike.....You're the best!
Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: