Views
Helpful
Replies

1042n configured as a WGB in a Lightwieght Envorinment

cespangler
Level 1
Level 1

Here is what I am attempting to do.

1.  I have a 1042N AP cofigured as a Workgroup-Bridge attaching to a Lightweight Access Point.

2.  LWAPP AP is on a 5508 series Controller.

3.  I have MAC Authentication configured through an Ciso ACS box running 5.2 code. And that portion is working.

4. I want to lock this WGB down even further with a second layer of security. I am thinking WPA2 -AES.

Would this be the recommended solution? If not, what is the best way?

Thanks,

Cory

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Enable WPA2 PSK on the WLAN for a simple config. Or go more secure and enable EAP since you have a radius server.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can add WPA2-AES either personal or enterprise.

Just configure the WLAN on the WLC with WPA config and config same exact configuraotin on WGB. that is it.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card