cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1100 AP - WEP 128 : do not forward DHCP

AndyWaldoz
Level 1
Level 1

We've got some Cisco 1100 AP who we configure with a static IP, and a 128bit WEP key.

After we actived the wep key we don't receive an ip address on the clients.

We are getting authenticated, but that's it.

When we use no security , everything works well.

I allready fill in the wep key through the cli - no luck

Upgrading to latest IOS (123-7.JA1) also had no succes.

Anyone has some hints/tips what I'am doing wrong?

I can't believe this is a bug ?

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe that you are possibly not correctly entering the WEP key on one end - I'd suggest putting it into a notepad doc, and pasting it into both the AP and your client config...

Make sure you don't put in a trailing space or anything that might confuse it - also check whether your client expects ASCII or HEX keys..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I did lot's of thing to make sure the WEP key was correct. I'am sure of it this aint the problem.

Nobody else got problems with WEP128 and DHCP ?

cheers,

If you put a static IP address on the client, are you able to ping the AP and the rest of the wired/wireless network?

jgierchak
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. Is there a resolution to this issue?

j.giulianetti
Level 1
Level 1

There is no bug, make sure that the tipe of key is correct (HEX or ASCII) as well as the key itself.

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

One thing I've noticed on several occaisions is that although you enter the WEP key in the GUI if you look at the text config (telnet to the AP and do a sho run) it's not there! Either enter the key from the CLI or keep re-entering through the GUI until it appears in the config. The effect of this problem is exactly as you describe.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card