Helpful
Replies

1100 Not Passing DHCP

clay.white
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 1120B Access Point

Newest IOS version available 12.3(2)JA

Have configured LEAP and MAC Address authentication using saved usernames, passwords, and MAC Addresses on Local RADIUS Server.

Using TKIP data encryption and WPA security with key rotation.

Using either a Cisco a/b/g PCMCIA card or the built-in Cisco compliant HP a/b/g NIC (both using most recent versions of client software).

If I have the NIC set up for DHCP, I authenticate to the AP with no problems, but never receive an IP Address. I get a 169.254.x.x

If I set the NIC to a static address, and all is well and I can surf the web, access network shares, etc.

I did not have this issue before upgrading to this IOS version. The old version was deferred.

Need to know why the AP is not passing the DHCP address to the client. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Clay

5 Replies 5

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

Do you have VLAN defined on the AP? If you do, there is a known bug for this: CSCsa44872.

Please configure DHCP relay agent (i.e. ip helper-address on IOS) as a workaround.

the Bug ID just list the 1100 AP, could, or does this version of IOS have the same affect on the 1200s. i have seen the same issues.

The bug applies to all AP running 12.3(2)JA.

I am having a similar issue. I have downgraded from 12.3(2) to 12.2(15)XR and the problem still exists. I have also tried the ip helper-address command on the radio and bvi interface with no luck. Any suggestions?

You need to run sniffer traces and find out where it breaks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card