Views
Helpful
Replies

1131 LAP keeps dropping off

neilmac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, folks.

I have an 1131 LAP that keeps dropping off the network. I have plugged it directly in to the switch but it cycles the colours as if it can't find the controller.

Any tips on where to start troubleshooting ?

NM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pleas emake sure the AP is grabbing the right IP address and able to reach teh management int IP address.. this informs us about the basic network connectvity..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Get the console access to the AP and paste the console logs here.. along with this.. run the below debug on the WLC and paste it here..

debug mac addr

debug capwap errors enable

debug capwap events enable

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks Surendra.

I have enabled debug on the radio base mac, however I can't enable CAPWAP debugs. I am on code 4.0.217.0

NM

then issue the below..

debug lwapp errors enable

debug lwapp events enable

regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Here's some output from the access point, which appears to be constantly rebooting

state to down

*Mar  1 00:00:13.124: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:00:24.230: %CDP_PD-4-POWER_OK: Full power - NEGOTIATED inline power source

*Mar  1 00:00:24.298: %DOT11-6-FREQ_SCAN: Interface Dot11Radio0, Scanning frequencies for 29 seconds

*Mar  1 00:00:30.308: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DISCOVERY

*Mar  1 00:00:30.326: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:00:30.335: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:00:30.343: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to reset

*Mar  1 00:00:30.430: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:00:30.437: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to reset

*Mar  1 00:00:30.544: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:00:31.430: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:00:31.544: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:00:41.786: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to JOIN

*Mar  1 00:00:41.787: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to administratively down

*Mar  1 00:00:41.787: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to administratively down

*Mar  1 00:00:42.787: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to down

*Mar  1 00:00:42.787: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to down

flash:/env_vars.tmp: No space left on device

*Mar  1 00:00:48.787: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not recieve the Join response

*Mar  1 00:00:48.787: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses remain.

*Mar  1 00:00:48.807: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Reason: DID NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE.

*Mar  1 00:00:48.807: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DOWN

*Mar  1 00:00:48.787: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses remain.

Staes that the AP was not able to reach the AP manager interface.. if the WLC working in LAYER 3 or LAYER 2 transport mode?? and please try pinging the AP manager interface and see if you are able t oping.. if ur able to ping then there is problem!! changing the AP namager Ip address to a unique IP will help you in getting the issue resolved..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Definitely in layer 3. We have 22 ap's, 20 are fine, two now will not join.

Are you suggesting I change the ap manager interface ?

Surendra, you could be on to something here. It seems the AP manager interface is not reachable by access points that restart or power cycle, even though they were previously on line.

OK, what to do now ?

NM

Sorry for the late response!! AP manager is a NON Pingable IP address.. Please assign a new IP to the same.. but the already registered AP wil de register and the ywill register back again..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I am reluctant to do that in case it knocks out the ap's and we don't get them back. This is not a new install, it was working...

ok!! From the AP are u able to ping the management interface IP addres??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

From the management VLAN, yes, not from the Ap as it keeps recycling. One of the ap's has popped back in now after a couple of hours.

Pleas emake sure the AP is grabbing the right IP address and able to reach teh management int IP address.. this informs us about the basic network connectvity..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

neilmac
Level 1
Level 1

If I plug a laptop in instead of an AP, I get an IP address and can ping the controller.

Surendra, I am going to give this to you, the problem was caused by a   device with the same IP address as the ap manager interface.

It is funny how it manifested, but you got it right   quite quickly in that the problems were caused by the ap manager   interface not being seen by the ap's. Thank you !

NM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: