Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1131AG APs as Bridges

I can configure two APs as a bridge with one as an AP with RMW  enabled, and the other in WGB mode. I have three VLAN, each configured on both APs with their own SSID. Each switch (cisco switches) port is in trucking with only the three vlan allowed. The APs are associating with each other but not passing VLAN traffic. What am i missing????Capture.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kevin,

As far as I know, 1131s do not support root/non-root bridging, only root/WGB for access, which is different. This is probably why you're having trouble. The 1240s do support root/non-root bridging.

Justin

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The WGB only can pass the vlan it is associated to. If you wanted to pass multiple vlans, then you need to setup a bridge between the two... One root and the other non-root.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scoot, But that is kind of what I thought I was going. Any ideals on how to accomplish this? I thought the AP was the root and the WGB was the non-root.

Well yeah... but a WGB can only pass one vlan and that vlan is the vlan it associates to on the root ap.  If you need to pass multiple vlans, then you need bridge to bridge and then hang an ap off that non-root bridge.

-Scott

Thank again Scott for your time and help. I am have a hard time configuing a non-root bridge, it is not an option in the GUI or the CLI. My APs are AIR-AP1131AG-A-K9 with software ver 12.3(8)JEA2.

Take a look at this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_example09186a00805b9b87.shtml

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thanks Scott, that is the doc I have been using, and has gotten me this far.

Kevin,

As far as I know, 1131s do not support root/non-root bridging, only root/WGB for access, which is different. This is probably why you're having trouble. The 1240s do support root/non-root bridging.

Justin

Justin, Thank you, I belive leave you are right, but in this cisco doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps441/products_qanda_item09186a0080094644.shtml#vlanwgp

it states that WGBs do support VLANs when in infrasturcture mode. So I thought it would work. But I have trid that with no luck, so I am thinking you are 100% correct.

Thanks for the help,

If  I could get a 1240 could I configure it in non-root mode and have it work with thw 1131 I already have? Basicly do I need two 1240 or one?

Thanks again

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card