cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1142 AP fails to join WLC on 3650 switch

Garfaldo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I'm having a terribly difficult time trying to get my 1142 LAP to associate with my 3650 switch.  When I enable capwap debugging on the 3650 I see no events at all.  The AP is on the same VLAN as Wireless Mgmt interface and receives an IP just fine.  I even configured the flag in DHCP to point to WLC.  I noticed some people said they can force the AP to join using command capwap ap controller ip address ip_address or debugging from the AP with debug lwap events but none of these commands work for me.  Is my version too old? Version 12.4(21a)JA1.  3650 is running 16.3.7.   This is for a lab environment only but is very frustrating that I can't get it configured.  Any ideas?  I've been stuck 2 days on this.  Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
try upgrading switch to compatible OS. what is the exact switch model and AP model?

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi,
try upgrading switch to compatible OS. what is the exact switch model and AP model?

Good luck
KB

Capture.JPG

Good luck
KB

Oh so my version is too old?  3.2.0.SE is that a major revision change since my current version is Version 12.4(23c)JA3?

LAP is AIR-AP1142N-T-K9 and Switch is WS-C3650-24TS.

Also where did you find that compatibility sheet?

Also in addition to being old.. I'm running autonomous version of image it seems. Person who gave it to me said it was set to LAP. False Alarm here. Thanks for the help.

good to hear that. good luck with testing..
Good luck
KB

Thank you for your help!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card