cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

127,000 + alarms in WCS. How to stop them

ralphfowler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large outdoor mesh network with 150-200 1522 and 1510 radios. We are in an area that 5.8 meshing is not really possible, but it is all the radios can currently do.

The only hope, other than having a radio in front of every subscriber's house) is to turn on "secondary backhaul". I believe the feature works, because I get an alarm every time it switches to the secondary backhaul. This is hundreds of times a day!

I have 127,000+ alarms now, mostly similar to this:

MESH 'AP RADIO6/00:0b:85:80:ff:c0' changed backhaul from primary to secondary with 'M2' and backhaul is 'dot11b' with count '6,205'

According to TAC, the alarm is generated once for EACH PACKET sent over the secondary backhaul.

I have got to make them stop. Too much time is wasted in deleting them, and I can only kill 500 at a time.

Anyone have any idea how to stop them? I have looked everywhere and even asked several Engineers from Cisco.

This morning I have set the priority of this alarm to "informational", so I'll see if that stops them or just changes the flag.

EXTRA BONUS QUESTION: How do you delete more than 500 alarm messages at a time?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

fredn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for your post, I've heard of this issue, and we currently have an engineer working on this.

I believe 1510s are generating the alarms because it is having an issue performing well with 5GHz back haul. I'll try to touch base with our engineer in the field that mentioned this and see if I can get some more details.

Regards,

Fred

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card