Views
Helpful
Replies

1562 RAP reboots after MAP joins.

StefC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I configured a mesh between two 1562 APs and the root reboots within a few seconds after the MAP connects. I was getting the below error but it does not show up in the logs anymore. Basically the MAP joins, all is well for a maybe 20 seconds and then the RAP's power light turns off. It stays off for at least 30 seconds before flashing green as the AP reboots.

000391: *Jan 23 13:24:40.090 WST: %CAPWAPAC_SMGR_TRACE_MESSAGE-5-AP_JOIN_DISJOIN: Chassis 1 R0/0: wncd: AP Event: AP Name: MIN-HAY-OAP04 Mac: 8c84.42b7.92a0 Session-IP: 10.164.101.28[5248] 10.164.101.1[5246] Disjoined Max Retransmission to AP

HAY is the MAP, OFF is the RAP. Attached are consoles and Radioactive Traces.

Controller is 9800-L-C with 17.6.4

I followed this to configure the bridge:
https://lihaifeng.net/?p=1320

If there is another way I should be configuring this, can you send a link.

Trying to configure a bridge for lightweight AP traffic and wired traffic. About 6 VLANs traversing the bridge.

MIN-HAY-OAP04 8c84.42b7.92a0
MIN-OFF-OAP08 d4eb.68cc.8680

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

StefC
Level 1
Level 1

Issue fixed.

Disabling BPDU Guard on the AP interfaces of both switches fixed the issue. Pretty embarrassing oversight.....

I also had to enable VLAN Transparent so that the local mode APs on the remote switch could connect to the controller.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Could you check if MAP and RAP have same country , also same as configured on the controller ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Yeh they are all AU. I ended up opening a TAC case. Will update once I have a solution.

StefC
Level 1
Level 1

Issue fixed.

Disabling BPDU Guard on the AP interfaces of both switches fixed the issue. Pretty embarrassing oversight.....

I also had to enable VLAN Transparent so that the local mode APs on the remote switch could connect to the controller.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card