cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2106 WLC and 4 LWAPP (1252G)

joe-campbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2106 WLC with 4 AP's (AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9)

One of the AP's (port 4) is only connecting at 10Mbps, not 100Mbps and I don't know why?

All the ;ports are set on the controller to AUTO,  When I try to force that port to 100Mbps, the link drops.

Could it be a cabling issue... or could I have a bad port on the 2106?    How to I troubleshoot this.  It's odd, because

that particular AP is about 100ft from thte WLC and the closest to it.

Any ideas?

Joe

Primary Software Version   7.0.116.0 

Predownload Retry Count  

Boot Version   12.4.18.1

IOS Version   12.4(23c)JA2

Mini IOS Version  3.0.51.0

Primary Software Version   7.0.116.0 

Predownload Retry Count  

Boot Version   12.4.18.1

IOS Version   12.4(23c)JA2

Mini IOS Version  3.0.51.0

7 Replies 7

joe-campbell
Level 1
Level 1

I tried moving the AP plugged into port 4 over to port 6 and it didn't make a difference.

Have you tried replacing the patch cable?

Interesting...  I unplugged the LAP (data and power) and removed it from the wall of our training room 75ft from our computer room,  walked the AP into the computer room and with a 15' patch cord and power supply plugged it back into the WLC 2106.  Waited a min for the AP to reboot and now my port speed is showing 100Mbps connection.   

The issue must be with the cable run...?  Thanks for pointing out the obvious.   This now begs another questions regarding 2106 best practices and the idea of connecting our 4 AP's directly into network switches and not the WLC 2106 itself.  That seems to be the recommendation.  Any comments?

Joe

This now begs another questions regarding 2106 best practices and the idea of connecting our 4 AP's directly into network switches and not the WLC 2106 itself.  That seems to be the recommendation.  Any comments?

The ports of the 2000/2100 weren't meant for direct connection to AP but to the switches.  What the PoE ports are for is beyond my imagination.

Problem solved.  Was a cabling punchdown issue.   Fixed and relocated AP back into it's original location in the training room and it connected just fine at 100Mbps.  Green/White wire loose.      Thanks for the feedback.

May I ask if you can mark this thread as "Answered" please?

Will do.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card