cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 Controller - increase supported clients

Ivaylo Georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at the settings of a Cisco 2504 wireless controller and I can only see it supporting up to 200 clients per radio and it is not letting me change it to a value higher than 200.

However, the guide below states that it supports up to 1000 clients (I assume they have to be split 500/500 per radio). How do you get to that number? Do you need to buy/apply an additional license for that?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2706/at_a_glance_c45-652653.pdf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1000 value you refer is the max number of client database entries 2500 can handle. Not for a single AP.

200 value is per radio/per AP max number of clients and not controller specific. Again this value is theoratical max & you should not have that many clients per AP. Practicaly 25 max per AP is good guideline.

You do not want to have any other licence other than number of AP you want to support by this WLC.

Hope this clears your query

Rasika

**** Please rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

1000 value you refer is the max number of client database entries 2500 can handle. Not for a single AP.

200 value is per radio/per AP max number of clients and not controller specific. Again this value is theoratical max & you should not have that many clients per AP. Practicaly 25 max per AP is good guideline.

You do not want to have any other licence other than number of AP you want to support by this WLC.

Hope this clears your query

Rasika

**** Please rate all useful responses ****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card