Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 Roaming issue

Hi Guys,

I'm using a Cisco 2504 WLC and two Cisco 1041 Lightweight AP's to demonstrate wireless roaming in single subnet environment.

I did the initial configurations and my AP's are connecting to the WLC without any issue.

Further as per my setup both APs are deployed in two separate floors and both APs and clients used to get dhcp from the WLC (local dhcp pool)

But the issue is, when I connect my laptop (windows 7) with an AP and move to the next floor it still keeps the initial connection, in other words the client is not roaming to the other AP.

Did any one came across with similar situation ?

I heard that this can be sorted out by manipulating some setting in client's "wireless network adapter", any ideas?????

Please advise.

Regards,

Suthakar

2 Replies 2

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sathakar,

The client may not roam if the original signal )first ap) is still good enough for the client to connect.

What you can do from AP perspective is to keep the cell overlapping about 10 - 15%.

The roaming process is a client decision. Nothing can be done on APs perspective (some parameters on wlc are available to help ccx clients decide better decision to roam but the decision is still being decided by the client).

So you better contact your wlan adapter's vendor if you want to change the roaming parameters (you may google it as well)

HTH

Amjad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

rjhernandez11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have the same issue, i changed the options o my adapter network and i fix the problem, but i need to find an option to fix this without change the adapters network option in all my branch

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card