cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 WLC adder license availability?

k1ikyo
Level 1
Level 1

Is Cisco still selling WLC 2504 adder license ? I sent an email to Cisco support but got no response.

Also I have 8.5.182 version installed on 2504. However, there is bug which affects adding new APs due to expired certificates which Cisco mentions on the website and says either to rollback time before Dec 4, 2022 or install 8.5.182.7.

Does Cisco offer these types of critical fixes even when you don’t have an active contract ? Given, I don’t have active contract I am stuck changing time back and forth when experimenting in my home lab.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check the EOL : the software maintenance ended year back..

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/2504-wireless-controller/eos-eol-notice-c51-740645.html

last one released was 8.5.182.0 that is the latest. you need to plan for uplift models, can you let us know what bug you referring.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with @balaji.bandi, however, you should reach out to a local var and ask.  I recall on another post a few months back that they still sell the addr.  It is on CCW, but again, the device is already EOS.  Depending on how much you tinker in your home lab, you might want to look at other options like some used 3504's and or the newer 9800-L-C.  Both are around the same size as the 2504, but the 3504 is also EOS but uses right to use license.  The issue is that you would need to buy support so that you can update your controller.  If your home lab has VMware or Hyper-V, you can install the 9800-CL which is free to download and use, but you will need to have access points that support that code.  I invest in my home lab because I work remote and can do a lot of my testing at home, while my lab is also my production.  It really comes down to your priority for your use case and your budget.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card