cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600e Access Points with Outdoor Antenna

paul.2.smith
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to extend wireless coverage outside the building and was think of using 2600e APs with AIR-ANT2566P4W-R patch antenna mounted externally.

Is this a valid combination?

I've had a look through various bits of documentation and this antenna seems to be supported but can't see documentation that details of what low loss cables and lightening arrestors are compatible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These lightning arrestors and low loss cables have 'N' type connectors.  So you either need to get a jumper cable or an adapter to go from 'N' type to RP-TNC.  Each connector introduces attenuation also that you need to consider when calculating the total EIRP.  Most of the installs I have don with low loss cable is using a spool of cable and terminating the 'N' type connector to the end of the cable and then using an antenna that had 'N' type connectors.  If you use the Cisco antennas then you need to purchase and adapter and also make sure you use coax seal on each connector.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes.  That antenna will work with 2600E and 3600E.

Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz/5-GHz MIMO 4-Element Patch Antenna (AIR-ANT2566P4W-R)

Thanks for the confirmation.

can anyone else help me with my hunt for info on cables/lightening arrestors?

Cheers

Hold on ... what cables????  Co-ax???

I hope you are not trying to "pull" the antenna by using co-ax.

I was reffering to items such as the lightening arrestor AIR-ACC245LA-R and low loss cables such as AIR-CAB020LL-R.

I'm looking for a document that explains the options available and the type of connectors on each one, such as 'N' Type or TNC, I still can't find one :-(

These lightning arrestors and low loss cables have 'N' type connectors.  So you either need to get a jumper cable or an adapter to go from 'N' type to RP-TNC.  Each connector introduces attenuation also that you need to consider when calculating the total EIRP.  Most of the installs I have don with low loss cable is using a spool of cable and terminating the 'N' type connector to the end of the cable and then using an antenna that had 'N' type connectors.  If you use the Cisco antennas then you need to purchase and adapter and also make sure you use coax seal on each connector.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Check this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008008883b.html

Also if you don't find the right coupling for your antenna cable connectors, radio ports and arrestors I have used L-Com cables in the past that worked great. www.l-com.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card