cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2802I AUX port functionality

rsaeks
Level 1
Level 1

This should be a quick question in regards to the 2802i AUX port functionality. I'm receiving full power over the PoE port and everything is working as expected. Does the AUX port support connecting a downstream client device, such as a printer or is it only reserved for the ability to create a 2GB uplink?

Thank you!

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco 2800 AP: as per my knowledge... it is only reserved for the ability to create a 2GB uplinkwith port-channel.

Info: earlier with older models (2702 APs)..You can connect the AP to end devices such as projectors, phones, Point of Sale Terminals and so on, through this port.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thank you. That is what I thought (the AUX port functionality difference between the 2700 series and 2800 series) but just wanted to make sure.

Glad to help.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Can I disable the AUX port on the 2802I, if so, how?

Don't plugin a cable. I don't think there is a special configuration to disable it.
It has no function besides offering LAG function for increasing the uplink speed to 2 Gbps (unless that was added in a much later release).

riwakefi
Level 1
Level 1

Just to keep this thread updated, since I just had to look this up myself:

The ability to use the Aux port for a wired client in 11ac-wave2 ClickOS APs (2802, etc.) was introduced in 8.7 AireOS code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card