cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3702i - 5GHz is spotty

jph
Level 1
Level 1

We have acquired three AP 3702i devices. These are in use on a WLC5508. We have noticed that clients (Macs, PCs, iPhones) have difficulty staying connected on the 5GHz band. Actually, the signal strength never seems to go down, but packets stop being passed from clients through the WLC for some reason. Any clients on the 2.4GHz bands do not seem to have an issue. I have tried disabling 802.11ac and that makes no difference. Disabling 5GHz altogether allows clients to stay connected to the 2.4GHz bands. The firmware is 7.6.100.0.

For what it's worth, we have many other AP models (AP1242s, 1252s, 3502s, and 3602s) in this same infrastructure that are functioning fine with 5GHz, and I configured the 3702s using the same AP groups as the previous units..

Thanks.

20 Replies 20

Yeah... basically your disabling 802.11n using tkip. I have seen issue still on the 2.4ghz.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

See this thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2233768

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

rlaudiano
Level 1
Level 1

have you guys come to a solution to this problem?

i have the same problem with WLC 2504 runing 7.6.130.0 and 3602e/i AP with AC module.

Explain what issues your seeing. 

-Scott

-Scott

iphone and android phones loses connection to AP and reconnects in a few seconds while sometimes the same clients are connected to AP but seems to have no internet connection for a few seconds and comes back but also a few times loses layer 2 connectivity entirely. I didn't had these issues when I was running my access points in autonomous mode so access points are not the problem. these happens to all access points by the way. 

Loss of layer 2 was an issue with v7.6.100.0 - v7.6.120.0.  I have not seen that issue with v7.6.130.0 as I have many installs with that code version and a mix of different access points. I also have a 3602i with an AC module as one of my access points at home and not had any issues with my apple devices and my fire tv which runs android. I now run v8.0.110.0 which seems okay.

-Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card