cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3802i Not Showing RFID Tags

Ryan Curry
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, I'm at a loss on this one - I've deployed a total of about 30 new 3802is over two floors of an existing campus (new construction connecting to existing campus).  Aeroscout engineers are here to help configure some of their exciters and they reported that their RFID tags aren't showing up for this new location.  These new APs are serviced by the same controller for the existing campus where are not experiencing the issue.  At this point, all I've done is rename the AP and place it correctly on the map - which has been synced with the MSE and Aeroscout as well.  I haven't been able to track down any bugs that would affect this and may have to open up a TAC case (which is interesting as I don't know if I need to open as a WLC issue or MSE issue).  My environment is as follows:

WLC - HA pair running 8.2.140.0

MSE - HA virtual pair running 8.0.130.0

Prime Infrastructure - 3.1.5 Update 1

APs connecting into a 4510 VSS pair running 3.8.2 (Sup

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Great, 8.3 mr1 is a stable build also. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

wildernets
Level 5
Level 5

Not sure on an exact fix for your problem but I would start by upgrading the 8.2 mr5. There are many bug fixes in the code that are worth getting implemented. What is the model number on the existing APs? Running FRA?

Nathan

Thanks for the reply and I'll look at the release notes for that version, but it appears that this may be fixed in version 8.3.112.0 as noted in the release notes here:

RFID and Wi-Fi Tag Support

802.11 (Wi-Fi) active RFID tags are designed to operate in the unlicensed ISM bands of 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz or 5.8 to 5.825 GHz....

This feature support now extends to the following Cisco APs:

• Cisco Aironet 1560 Series APs

• Cisco Aironet 1800 Series APs

• Cisco Aironet 2800 Series APs

• Cisco Aironet 3800 Series APs

Great, 8.3 mr1 is a stable build also. 

Wondering if you ever solved this? I'm seeing Aeroscout tags not connecting to 3800s but fine on 3700s- nothing obvious in radio settings.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card