Views
Helpful
Replies

3802i - radio 0 down for no reason

Bruno Dinis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks.

We've recently bought 3802i and 2802i to install on campus. To provide decent connectivity we've also bought 2960x for the backbone.
the 3802i consumes 30w and the 2802i 26.1w per port, per access point.

In our main conference room we've got an 3802i, connect to an 2960X.

The other day, some colleagues reported issues on the AP. After a quick check I realized there's no 2.4Ghz radio, althought the radio 0 in UP, when I checked the AP in the controller. 
With Acrylic Wifi, I can't see the radio.
If I use a wireless pen with 2.4Ghz I can't connect in that conference room.

The AP is brand new, what else should I check?

Could be an hardware issue?

best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would downgrade - and I'm usually one to keep quite up to date.

Look at it this way - 8.3.102.0 is the very first cut of a new train of code that has had zero bug fix releases to CCO yet.

8.2.130.0 is the branch behind the latest one, which has had 3 rounds of bug-fix only releases.  This means the most obvious and many of the smaller bugs have been resolved.

If you really need some feature in 8.3 then go for it, but if you value more stability and reliability then 8.2.130.0 is an obvious and better choice.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

What code of software you running ? Most probably software defects with this AP model

HTH

Rasika

Hi Rasika.
Running 8.3.102.0 here. 

Thanks

Hi,

Paste the screenshot o:

1. Wireless > Access Points> Radios >802.11b/g/n

2. Wireless > Access Points> Radios >802.11b/g/n  click on small blue drop down arrow(on far right) of 3802i ap > Conifgure

3. Wireless >802.11b/g/n > Network

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

please see them attached.

I would recommend 8.2.130.0 instead.  8.3.102.0 is not really ready for primetime yet.

8.2.130.0 so far is good and it has had far more testing than 8.3.  I know because I have one as well :-)

So I should downgrade the image of the WLC's to the 8.2.130.0?

I would downgrade - and I'm usually one to keep quite up to date.

Look at it this way - 8.3.102.0 is the very first cut of a new train of code that has had zero bug fix releases to CCO yet.

8.2.130.0 is the branch behind the latest one, which has had 3 rounds of bug-fix only releases.  This means the most obvious and many of the smaller bugs have been resolved.

If you really need some feature in 8.3 then go for it, but if you value more stability and reliability then 8.2.130.0 is an obvious and better choice.

Hi Reuben, you're tottally right. after I've downgraded to 8.2.130.0 the radios came up.
Thanks!!!

I agree with Reuben, if you look at below thread you will understand how many issues with current 8.3.102.0 release.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13136886/83mr1-beta-availability

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card