Helpful
Replies

5508 - 3502 AP bandwidth Question

Anthony Walters
Level 1
Level 1

OK,

Here is the quick rundaown...

Our public wifi circut (verizon wireless) was upgraded from 25M to 150M due to over 500 devices connected and fighting for bandwidth.

I noticed when runnung tests that when associated to th 3502 AP's Im getting around 9.7Mb down. On ANY of the 3502's

When I move to a 3602 and associate to it, I get roughly 35Mb.

Im asking if anyone knows if there is a bandwidth limitation on 3502? Is there a setting on the WLC or the AP itself?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not on the AP per se...but what is the WLAN config?  Are you WPA2/AES and able to connect with N rates?  Are there any ACL or policing in place that would limit the bandwidth?  What type of router are you connecting to?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vz circuit to a 2921 router vlan to 6513 switch to WLC5508 and AP's coming off the 6513.

The ssid is using a captive portal server, QOS is bronze.

Duplicate everything but different AP seem to give out different bandwidth.

3602 - 35M

3502 - 9.7M

ok, so you are using Bronze, do you have LAN side QoS in place?

What type of port are the AP connected to? 100M 1G etc

How many ports do you have connected from teh 5508 to the switch?  LAG or individually connected?

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

No LAN QoS

1GB ports on both.

I took the 3502 down from the cieling and replaced it with a 3602 and bandwidth was 35M. put the 3502 back up and it went back to 9.7M

can you try iperf/jperf between wired and wireless pc instead wan for 3500 and 3600.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card