Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 HA and DTLS

sniff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have a 5508 HA cluster with different software.

Primary          AIR-CT5500-K9-7-6-110-0.aes

Secondary     AIR-CT5500-LDPE-K9-7-6-110-0.aes and a 6.x FUS

is it possible to change the secondary to AIR-CT5500-K9-7-6-110-0.aes and FUS 1.9.0.0 ?

Regards Sven

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well it's a good idea to first convert the LDPE to a non- LDPE, then you can of course upgrade the FUS to v1.9.0.0.  Take a look at this document as the license is free.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/102681/converting-ldpe-controller-image-non-ldpe

Please rate helpful post and Cisco Support Community will donate to Kiva

Scotty

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

No... You need to do this before enabling AP SSO. You now need to disable AP SSO and add the license to the backup and also upgrade the FUS. Then you can enable AP SSO again. 

Scotty

-Scott

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well it's a good idea to first convert the LDPE to a non- LDPE, then you can of course upgrade the FUS to v1.9.0.0.  Take a look at this document as the license is free.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/102681/converting-ldpe-controller-image-non-ldpe

Scotty

-Scott

The LDPE is on the secondary HA and there is no command to add the license.

Is it possible to install the license over CLI, the primary or after a restart with escape the boot-secuence?

No... You need to do this before enabling AP SSO. You now need to disable AP SSO and add the license to the backup and also upgrade the FUS. Then you can enable AP SSO again. 

Scotty

-Scott

Hello Scotty,

sorry for my very late answer, rebooting after disable AP SSO was the reason.

After rebooting it was still impossible to install the license because the lack of the gui "install license" command on secondary (stupit, i forgot to try it over cli)

I cleared the config ( no HA) installed the license, FUS and Firmware (without LDPE).

After rebooting I started with a new secondary installation and everything works fine, now.

Thanks for your help

Sven

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, as per the scenario it is not possible to change the secondary to AIR-CT5500-K9-7-6-110-0.aes and FUS 1.9.0.0.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card