Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 WLC lost GUI when upgrading to 8.2.100

I have a 5508 with 37 AP's working fine running 8.1.131.0. The GUI is OK and everything is working fine.

There is a bug fix I need in version 8.2.100.0, but when I do the upgrade everything works fine, except I cannot get the GUI to load.

Any suggestions welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is a known caveat with reference CSCux75436

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe this is a browser issue.  

Can you be specific about what the browser issue is?

Try to clear your browser cache.

Still have the problem.

Tried different browsers, clearing cache, disabling Firewall etc etc.

What port is the GUI on as I get this reported error in the browser

resource (192.168.1.9) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.
Detected
Detected
The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 443, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer.

CSCux75436   WLC loses default kernel route when dynamic int is created on 2nd port

This should get you back to your backup image (once you access the GUI you can upgrade again to 8.1)

using serial cable, access the CLI

config boot backup
config wlan disable all
config interface vlan management 0
save config
reset > system > y

hope that will help!

Try different browsers.  Some browsers work well and some don't. This is the crazy piece. I use to use Chrome and it broke after either I upgraded to a certain code or upgraded Chrome. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Can you be specific about what the browser issue is?

When dealing with 8.0.X and 8.1.X, I use IE 9 after I upgraded two of my controllers to 8.2.100.0 the browser would break.   For 8.2.X, I have to use Chrome or Opera. 

Enable the option "Inspect Element" and you'll see the errors.  

philipsm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've run into this issue with a 2504.  I also noted that while the WLC appeared to be functioning and manageable via console, the GUI and telnet/ssh were broken.  Did you happen to check if you could telnet/ssh into your box after your upgrade?

I don't have a fix yet but just wondering about how similar our problems are.

Had exactly the same issue while upgrading a 2504 to 8.2.100. Switched back to backup code and all went back to normal. 

Anyone opened a SR?

brgds,
michel

Is a known caveat with reference CSCux75436

It's best not to go to this version and wait for them to fix this issue.

CLI is OK but I did not try telnet/ssh. I switched back to 8.1.131 which was the previous version, and the GUI is OK again. I will wait for the next release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card