cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5760 to 5508 Anchor Controller for Guest Access

e-kalbach
Level 1
Level 1

We have a site with a 5760 controller installed and we are trying to utilize a 5508 setup as an anchor controller at a remote sire for guest access. The mobility peer is setup on both ends and is up. The WLAN insterface is setup on both ends. On the anchor the WLAN is defined and as long as we do NOT setup security/Layer3 everything works fine. Clients on the Foreign side connect to WLAN and get ip address and are access the internet. As soon as we setup L3 Security as Web Policy, Passthough, Over-ride Global Config, Web Auth type customized Guest access is broken. We see clients try to gt on Guest but it appear that they never get an ip address in the setup above. IF we go back and set L3 Security to none evrything goes back to working normally.

Are there any suggestions as to where the applicatlication of L3 securtiy on the anchor is breaking things.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you setting the layer 3 in both the foreign and the anchor?  They should both match in order for it to work.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you setting the layer 3 in both the foreign and the anchor?  They should both match in order for it to work.

-Scott

-Scott

I did set the L3 on the foregin and it at least did not break things. I think it might have done the trick but I have to get a user at the site who can tell me if the splash screen is working or not.

Thanks for the timely response.

have you tried making internal webauth work first?

here you go.

Thank you Viten. Here is the cisco.com link for the same pdf file posted by Surendra:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/117742-configure-wlc-00.html

Regards,

Vinay Sharma

Thanks & Regards

When anchoring, the WLAN's need to be configured the same in the foreign and anchor. Just keep that handy. If not, it will break:)

-Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card