Views
Helpful
Replies

5760 WLC Clean Air question

ALAN MURRAY
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer Cisco 5760 WLCs running as a HA pair. Clean Air has been configured on these boxes but when I do a sh ap dot11 5ghz cleanair summary all the APs show Spectrum Oper State as Down:-

CPIT-5760-WLC-1#sh ap dot11 5ghz cleanair summary
AP Name               MAC Address         Slot ID  Spectrum Capable  Spectrum Intelligence   Spectrum Oper State
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AP1                   xxxx.xxxx.xxxx            1  Enabled           Enabled                 Down
AP2                   xxxx.xxxx.xxxx            1  Enabled           Enabled                 Down
AP3                   xxxx.xxxx.xxxx            1  Enabled           Enabled                 Down

Anyone got any ideas as to how I overcome this little obstacle?

Thanks

Alan

9 Replies 9

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The spectrum sensor for the access point radio is currently not operational because an error has occurred. The most likely reason for the error is that the access point radio is disabled (error code 8). To correct this error, enable the radio.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0/configuration/guide/c70/c70cleanair.html

Thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell all the radios are operational:-

and Clean Air has been configured:-

ap dot11 24ghz cleanair
ap dot11 5ghz cleanair

Also the link you sent was for release 7 on the old series controllers whereas this is a HA pair of the 5760s running release 3.03.

I have been through the configuring Clean Air chapter for this release and it doesn't suggest anything I haven't already tried.

Alan

Sorry - forgot to upload the jpg.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Which model of AP are you using? Are you sure that model of AP which you are using support clean air feature?

As far as I know CleanAir capable APs are Aironet 3502e, 3501e, 3502i, and 3501i.

Hope that helps

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Hi Najaf,

We are using 3602i APs which are CleanAir capable.

Cheers

Alan

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies. I upgraded the controller to the latest firmware over the weekend and while that didn't appear to make any appreciable difference at the time when I look now everything is working as I would expect:-

CPIT-5760-WLC-1#sh ap dot11 5ghz cleanair summary
AP Name               MAC Address         Slot ID  Spectrum Capable  Spectrum Intelligence   Spectrum Oper State
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S652-54918            1c1d.8607.dc10            1  Enabled           Enabled                 Up
O303-54916            1c1d.860e.7910            1  Enabled           Enabled                 Up
L131-54932            1c1d.860e.7d40            1  Enabled           Enabled                 Up

Once again thanks to all those who took the time to reply.

Alan

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It seems that

Admin Status is Disabled that is why Operation Status is Down.

make sure these below settings are enabled, try once disabled and then
enabled the the Admin Status.

WIRELESS>Access Points>Radios>802.11a/n/ac

select any low noise channel of 5Ghz and then Enable the Admin Status.
and check the connectivity between 5GHz AP and WLC.

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

possibly you have 802.11a disabled globaly.

Also in advanced config you will have to enable the admin mode.

802.11a is enabled globally - see 802_11a.jpg.

Have found admin status in the general tab and it is enabled - see admin status general.jpg.

Cannot find anything about admin status in the advanced tab - see no admin status advanced.jpg - can you elaborate on this point please?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card