Views
Helpful
Replies

7.4.100.60 MR

MikeCoghlan
Level 4
Level 4

7.4.100.0 had many HA issues.   

Today I saw that 7.4.100.60 was release but the release notes point to an upcoming 7.4.110.x realease.

Does anyone have feedback on this Beta release.  I know it's been available from TAC for a while and was just released into the wild today.

Thanks in Advance

41 Replies 41

jepatil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

As updated in the TAC post; I have recapped the general guidelines with a bit more color below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-32259

As several new features have been introduced within 7.3 and 7.4; we have observed that some customers have run into specific bugs with implementing High Availability with Stateful Switchover and some other features. Therefore the general guidelines for partners and customers are as follows:

1. We will be posting a 7.4 Maintenance Release this summer(likely June-July) that will resolve known

critical issues with HA and the other features.

2. If you cannot wait to deploy WLC HA until then please use the interim maintenance release, 7.4.100.60, that has been posted to CCO.(Most of the known issues have been fixed in the interim maintenance release. Many customers that were experiencing HA issues have deployed this and it was demonstrated to be successful in those environments. This interim maintenance release is TAC supported as well)

Please check the release notes for applicable resolved issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn74mr1.html

Regards,

Jeevan Patil

WNG Senior Product Line Manager

I will revive this thread as I have seen nothing of a formal 7.4 MR being posted beyone the Beta release of 7.4.100.60.  This was supposed to have been in the June/July timefranme and we are getting close to missing that.

We purchased the HA sku of the 5508 near the beginning of the year and are waiting for stable code to implement.

Does anyone know when we can expect the latest Non-Beta 7.4.xxx.xx code so that we can move forward with our HA deployment or are we still in a position where we're sitting on a $20k HA investment doing nothing?

Thanks in Advance.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

TAC has a version but the HA fixes on that will be the same fixes as v7.4 MR1 when that comes out in a month.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Seems to be a common theme these days.  I too have an HA 5508 along with a stack of the AC modules sitting in my storage room that I can't deploy because Cisco hasn't release Prime 1.4 or 7.5 and the release date keeps slipping further and further back.  I'm supposed to get an engineering release for install next month, but I'm not real sure I want to deploy on unreleased code.  I have enough issues as it is now.  

Well no matter what, the HA fixes in the TAC release is the same fixes when MR1 comes out. So if there are still issues with HA, v7.4MR1 and v7.5 will have the same issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi Mike, Scott and Dustin,

Thank you for your patience.

The fixes will be integrated both within the 7.4 MR1 as well as version 7.5.

Version 7.5 adds more features in addition to the fixes.

http://blogs.cisco.com/wireless/wireless-controller-redundancy-with-no-client-reauthentication-needed/#comment-760987

The Assurewave tested 7.4 maintenance release will be available early August timeframe and 7.5 will be available late July to early August timeframe.

Apologies for any incovenience. 

Best Regards,

Jeevan

Thanks Jeevan

Looks like they both got released in the past day or so.

I would prefer to go with 7.5.xxx.x as long as all of the HA issues from 7.4.100.0 have been addressed.

It appears from the release notes in each that 7.5.102.0 and 7.4.110.0 are going to finally the same have stable HA functinality...Can someone confirm.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Mike

We've beta tested 7.5. We did limited HA - APSSO and ClientSSO and it ran well for us in a small lab.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George for attesting 7.5!

For those who are not aware of these innovations( Client SSO, AVC, Bonjour); you can read about these as well as customer success stories in these blogs:

http://blogs.cisco.com/wireless/success-with-cisco-bonjour-services-directory/

http://blogs.cisco.com/wireless/success-with-cisco-application-visibility-and-control/

http://blogs.cisco.com/wireless/wireless-controller-redundancy-with-no-client-reauthentication-needed

Best Regards,
Jeevan

7.4.110.0 has just been released.

Hello all,

Yes a very long focused beta as well as testing effort; we have posted the 7.4 MR(7.4.110.0) that is optimal for production environments anywhere.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn74mr01.html

You can expect 7.4.100.60(denoted as beta) to be deferred shortly.

At the same time; we have the 7.5 release posted that includes many new innovations such as Client SSO, AVC protocol packs, Bonjour, Policy Classification Engine. Many of the -HA and other fixes have been integrated into 7.5 as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn75.html

Best Regards,

Jeevan

Thanks Jeevan.....

We are willing to give 7.5 a try but questions have to be raised about the dependency on PI v 1.4 and the fact that there are a bunch of upgrade disclaimers on the download site.

We currently administer all wireless environments through Prime Infrastructure v 1.3 but it looks like 1.3 does not support controller running version 7.5.

It also appears that PI 1.4 is Not Upgradeable" if/when new versions or patches are released.

I have a feeling that this can be explained fairly easily as it is not very clear on the PI download site or release notes.

Thanks in Advance sir.

Cheers,

Mike

You are right Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.4 release is intended for only those  customers that are upgrading to or deploying AireOS WLC 7.5 release and PI 1.4 will not be directly upgradable to one of the major release of  the product and might have to wait for the following major release to be  able to upgrade and till date it is not  released.

Ravi,

Sorry to dig up an old issue, but what are the compatability issues with 7.5 and NCS 1.1.1.24?

We have a WLC that we would like to upgrade form 7.2.111.3 to 7.5. The compatability chart says that NCS only supports up to WLC 7.2, but we have WLCs on 7.4 and have had no issue as far as our scope of managment via NCS.

The compatibility is really for command sets.  So with newer WLC code, there are new features which templates can't be pushed out with older versions of WCS or NCS.  Now, some still can.... Look at Leo who have v7.5 and still running WCS.  As long as you are not adding a WLC, you can upgrade your WLC and the WLC will still show up in your NCS, but if you had a new WLC that was running v7.5, you would get an error trying to add that WLC.  I have also a client on HA N+1 v7.4.110.0 and they have WCS.  Well the original WLC which is the promary is still being monitored in WCS, but I was not able to add the HA pair to WCS.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: