cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 - Locating Network Services

dschwerdtfeger
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Identical Cisco 7921 Wireless IP phones and I’m having trouble with one of them. I've got it to connect to the AP and pull its config from our call manager server and we are able to use it for a few hours, however, randomly, it seems it's losing its connection to the wireless access point and then it gets stuck at "Locating Network Services". I've power cycled, added a second Network profile identical to the first and sometimes it will come back online other times it does not. After I've power cycled 3 or 4 times it will eventually come back online. Any ideas as to why it keeps losing its connection to the AP? The other 7921 I have does not do that. Sounds like a bad internal nic to me. It's not an issue with the AP because the other 7921 does not have any problem staying connected. 

1 Reply 1

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ensure they are using the same firmware version.

Recommend to use 1.4(3)SR1 / 1.4.3SR1.2, which is the latest on Cisco.com

You can test the radio by going to Settings > Phone Settings > Diagnostics > WLAN.

Ensure you are in range of the desired AP and should appear in the site survey screen. 

If you continue to have an issue with only 1 of the phones, then open a TAC case and they can perform some troubleshooting with you to see if the phone needs to be replaced or not.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card